I've been officially self-employed for one month. What have I been doing? Well, there's been a little bit of this and a little bit of that. While my main focus has been to get things rolling with the store (as mentioned here, and here, and even way back here), I've also been doing some upholstery work for a new client (before and after photos to come soon) and a Custom Design Plan that I'll be sharing soon too. The above image of one of designer Alison Lau's inspiration images for the design plan. It's good! Wait and see!
As for the store, here are some updates:
1) The name has been finalized as Gild & Co. (“gild” meanin
g to brighten or make p
leasing, not to be confused with guild),
2) The Gild & Co. splash page is up, (thanks to…)
3) I'm working with a SUPER graphic designer and individual, Caroline Calvert. When the Gild & Co. website launches, you'll get to see her web design talents in action. She is also an accomplished business owner and makes beautiful wedding adornments (found here).
4) The Twitter account is rolling, and
5) I'm pinning away on the Pinterest account (please follow).
Of course there is a lot of back end business stuff going on, like 20 page lease contracts, city zoning issues, and dealing with lawyers, landlords and realtors. There's been some fun back end business stuff like the Seattle Home and Gift show, which I attended a few weeks ago, afternoon naps, and buying trips to the auction (newest addition – the marble topped coffee table below).
Lastly, to come very soon, will be the new logo!